Can dogs eat brambles? Glad you asked. Dogs enjoy eat various human food like milkfish, but can dogs eat brambles? Continue reading to find out what’s good and bad about this palatable fruits.
Can Dogs Eat Brambles?
Absolutely, dogs can eat brambles, but before you start serving brambles to dogs, there are some important things you should be aware of first. Let’s find out what’s good and bad about giving brambles to dogs.
Are Brambles Good for Dogs?
Absolutely, Brambles are good and safe for your dog to eat in moderation. However, you need to learn how to prepare them to avoid some risks.
Brambles contain several nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, fiber, proteins and carbohydrates that can benefit dogs. in addition to a high water levels (about 88%) which makes it a great snack for hot summer months as it can help keep your dog hydrated.
Down below, we’ve put together some of the health benefits of feeding brambles to dogs.
Dogs use vitamins to maintain their body functions. Below are few vitamins that your pet can get from brambles.
- Vitamin C helps create antibodies which are vital for your dog’s immune system, and it also acts as an anti-inflammatory
- Vitamin K in brambles helps dogs’ blood’s ability to coagulate normally.
- Vitamin E acts as an antioxidant and is vital for the proper function of most organs in dogs’ body.
Pets need various minerals in their meal. Down below are several minerals that dogs can get from brambles.
- Potassium in brambles helps reduce blood pressure and protect your dog from strokes and other diseases such as kidney stones and osteoporosis.
- Calcium content of brambles help your puppy build and maintain strong and healthy bones. Your dog’s nerves, muscles and heart also need calcium to work properly.
- Magnesium content of brambles aids your dog’s body to have healthy blood sugar levels in addition to a healthy heart.
- Phosphorus content of brambles help’s dogs’ body filter and remove waste from the kidneys. It also helps your dog in repairing cells and tissues.
Helps keep your dog’s digestion system in good condition.
Protein is necessary for your puppies’ growth.
Are Brambles Bad for Dogs?
No, brambles are neither bad nor poisonous to dogs. However, eating substantial amounts can cause some severe side effects like digestion issues, diarrhea and clogged arteries due to the high moisture and sugar levels.
Do Dogs Like Brambles?
Yes, dogs like brambles; they find them tasty and would happily eat them whenever they can.
Want to make sure? Watch this video
How Much Brambles Can Dogs Eat?
There is no rule on how much brambles dogs can eat. However, brambles or any other treat should never make up more than 5-10% of your dog’s total calories. brambles should be considered as a treat, not as replacement for their main food. If you give your dog brambles, it should be as a part of a well-balanced meal.
How to Feed Brambles to Dogs?
Here is how you can offer brambles to your dogs.
- It is best to seek organic brambles whenever possible.
- Wash the brambles to remove any potential pesticides from the skin.
- Mix the brambles with other food that your dog enjoy.
- begin with a small amount of brambles the first time you give them to your puppies to see if they show any side effects. It’s wise to do this with any new food.
Conclusion: Can Dogs Eat Brambles?
Yes, dogs can eat brambles in moderation. They are healthy, delicious and safe for dogs. However, it can lead to some issues if over-consumed.
And with many healthy options available out there. Brambles are best served up along other food your dog usually enjoy.
Keep brambles as a special treat, and don’t replace them with the dog’s main food.
Leave a Comment